Monday, December 12, 2005

You ungrateful bastard

I really wanted to write this without sounding like an ungrateful bastard, but I'm not sure that it's possible, so here it goes;

I absolutely HATE receiving gifts for Christmas that took no thought what-so-ever! These include underwear, any item that begins with "Executive Desk...” random sweaters, etc...These are all gifts that a chimp could buy for me. Anyone that is buying me a Christmas gift knows something about me, that means that they should have, at the very least, a basic grasp on what I might find to be a suitable gift. I have tons of hobbies and a new house, I could think of like 100 inexpensive things that I could get that would make me say “wow some thought went into that”. Do I really look like and Old Spice guy? How about leather mittens (actual gift) or size XXXL boxers? I may have put on a few pounds but XXXL? Basically I’m saying I would rather not get a gift at all, then one that I have to exert energy to throw in the garbage. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yea, you know how I feel about Christams. While I love giving thoughtful gifts to friends, I hate feeling obligated to exchange gifts with people just becasue it's Christmas. I have friends I don't exchange gifts with that on the occational Christmas stop by with a cool CD that they burned for me, all wrapped up in newspaper, or a cheap pice of art for my walls.. Those are the gifts I strive to give, and the gifts I cherish...

My advice to the world? Stop giving gifts of habit. Move over to pollianas for your family gatherings. Only buy 5 gifts per holiday.. if you have more than 5 friends/family/loved ones? Rotate.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to know who gave you the KY.. that's hysterical

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home